Kuala Lumpur, widely known as KL has come a long way from what once was a tin mining town, is now a developed metropolis. Kuala Lumpur has been a center point of many Malaysian success story, such example would be the iconic Petronas Twin Towers. Want to get to know Kuala Lumpur better? Here are some interesting facts on the town we call KL!
- Kuala Lumpur is derived from the Malay language, meaning “confluence of mud”
- During the early days, Kuala Lumpur often faced problems such as floods, fires, and other natural disaster.
- Kuala Lumpur acheived the city status in 1972.
- People staying in Kuala Lumpur are commonly known as KLites.
- In 2008, Kuala Lumpur has been voted the sixth most visited city in the world!
- Kuala Lumpur is one of the cities to have hosted the Formula One World Championship.
- Each of Kuala Lumpur’s Twin Towers are built by two different group, one by the Hazama Group and the other by Samsung Group.
Visit our website at www.the5elementshotel.com.my for more info on our rooms, rates, facilities, and more.
Want to know what others think about our hotel? Read through reviews and experience from our previous guests at our Tripadvisor page, http://goo.gl/4mN0nT